Thursday, May 22, 2008

The Chicken Bus

Today finally my first ride on a Chicken Bus. We went to another town for a Catholic religious celebration. A Holy Day that happens once a year.(I say once a year loosely because they really celebrate everyday) But this celebration includes blocks and blocks of colored sawdust decorations. They are made to look like carpet and they lay them down in the middle of the street. They stencil them, paint them and put flowers all over them. It really was an incredible sight. Of course I took plenty of pictures. The bus ride was another hold onto your seat because perhaps we will hit something or someone and fly off a cliff. If you ever see a Chicken Bus coming, jump out of the way!
Spanish is coming along. Yesterday my teacher was upset because she thinks I don´t study enough. She had given me about 30 verbs on Tuesday and she wanted me to know them by the next day. I think I´m doing really well. Today is Thursday and I know them now. (wow I sound like a kid) Thank goodness I don´t get a grade or have to answer to my mother. Sorry if my spelling is off, but I can´t spell check on this computer. I miss everyone so much and can´t wait to get back to the States.
Love much,
r

No comments:

Mayans

Mayans
Mayans