Thursday, May 15, 2008

Feeling Like a Kid at Camp

Yesterday was a difficult day for me. I was homesick. I missed my family, my dog, my bed. But luckily today is a much better day. I found an internet cafe´but I can´t use my own computer so unfortunetly I probably won´t be able to post pictures. I take my camera everywhere so I have taken a lot of pictures. We shall see. We found a Bagel Barn yesterday and we were in Heaven. Toasted tuna and cheese.
Real food! There are people that sell food on the street. They cook it right there with a grill. It smells divine but we have been warned under no circumstances to ever eat it or we will be very sorry. For about a week.
We were woken up today at 5:30a.m. with fireworks a parade with a band. No kidding.
They shoot off firecrackers everyday here. For birthdays, weddings, anniversaries, good news. At all times of the day. The people here have so little yet they seem so happy.
School is good. Things seemed to click today. My teacher is Julia(whoolia) and about 4´9". She is very patient. We laugh a lot. Mainly at me. I miss everyone so much. Thank you for your support and love. Can´t believe it is already Thursday.
Much love, r

1 comment:

Jordan Buttars said...

Hi Robin,

Me, Jordan, and Grandma are huddled around her laptop reading your blog! I have put your blog page in grandma's favorites so she can go back to it and see your updates! We also opened up your cute mother's day card for Grandma. She loved it. Sounds like you are having the time of your life in Guatemala. Best of luck learning the language! Jordan says go ahead and eat the food at the carts and drink the water - J/K ha ha ha!

Love,

Kelli, Grandma, and Jordan

Mayans

Mayans
Mayans