Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Lake Atitlan "the place where the rainbow gets its color"

Ok the hype is that Lake Atitlan is the most beautiful lake in the world. Who wouldn´t want to see it? Once again I risked life and limb to climb aboard a shuttle to embark on a 2 1/2 hour trip of terror. Sharp turns, passing on curves when it is foggy, rainy and such. What was the hurry? I guess he was late for lunch.
Anyway, the lake was beautiful. The hotel was worth the trip. A nice bed, fab shower and great views. The next day we went to a town everyone calls Chi Chi because the name is too long. It was interesting and I would´ve much rather been at where I should have been on Sunday. They were selling their wares on the steps of the church, on the Sabath! It was surreal. Check out the pics below. Enjoy.
r

1 comment:

The Kelley Family said...

I'm so glad you posted pictures! It is SO beautiful and different. What an experience!

Mayans

Mayans
Mayans