Monday, May 19, 2008

Ladies of the Morning

Saturday was a treat to sleep in until 7:30. I studied a little after breakfast then decided to walk downtown. There is a small park where all the young kids hang out and kiss. Also at the park is a watering hole where the women who don´t have a watering hole in their backyard come to wash their clothes. It´s like nothing any of us will ever experience for ourselves unless we one day have no electricity for our wonderful washers and dryers. They stack the clothes in a bundle inside of a blanket that they tie together and put it on thier head and walk to this watering hole. I have pictures of the clothing stacked 3 to 4 feet high and just as wide. Then they scrub them by hand. It´s quite a sight and makes me so grateful for all of the "appliances" I have. I take so much for granted. Smack me upside the head if you ever hear me complain about doing laundry again.
r

No comments:

Mayans

Mayans
Mayans